How do you motivate the public to change their behavior?
In this episode we’re chatting with PhD student Simon Mooney, who has explored important questions about environmental health communication efforts and risk perception in his research.
- Tidbit: Do you recommend routine well disinfection?
- Meet Simon
- Simon’s Water Hero: Paul Hynds
- Differences in private well issues in Ireland vs the US
- Simon’s 2020 risk communication paper
- Universal truths about well owners
- Private wells and extreme weather events
- Effectiveness of public health interventions
You’re invited to discuss the episode in our LinkedIn Group. If you decide to share on Twitter, please use the hashtag #TapTalkPodcast. And, of course, make sure to subscribe in Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast app.
About the Guest
Simon Mooney is a final-year PhD student at Technological University Dublin, Ireland. The objective of his research is to develop a modular, evidence-based water communication framework to promote private well stewardship and sustainable socio-hydrogeological interactions among non-expert well users vulnerable to groundwater contamination risk.